Walking into a restoration studio is like 'coming home'. At least that was how it felt to view Fillide Levasti's 'Houses in Demolition' at the studio. It captures the vicissitudes of her district, as described by art historian Chiara Toti: "In 1929, Fillide painted a series of works from the window of her home, depicting the terraces of the building located at via Lorenzo il Magnifico 12, where her sisters lived. It was situated exactly across from her own home at Viale Milton 31," writes art historian Chiara Toti in the catalog 'Women Artists. Florence 1900-1950'. "The lot between the two buildings hosted a courtyard with a palm tree that we see in many of the artist’s paintings and charcoal sketches. It was also occupied by a low building; in 1936, Fillide would paint a “snapshot” of its demolition and reconstruction." The materials that make the painting come alive are pictured here!