Have you ever been 'welcomed home' to Florence?
Have you ever been recognized in Florence as an honored patron?
Have you ever seen the city's 'invisible art'?
Have you ever met Tuscany's most 'creative minds'?
What's in store for Sojourn 2018?
– Sup at the Antinori's private Palace, as guests of the renowned wine-making family.
– Enjoy dinner with the Gondi Marquis, formerly Medici rivals, at their stunning Renaissance palazzo.
– Dine at La Petraia, a Medici villa once home to Italy's king, hosted by the museum director.
– See the 'secret rooms' at Palazzo Vecchio in the company of curator Dr. Serena Pini.
– Scout out the art-filled attic of the San Salvi Museum with curator Dr. Cristina Gnoni.
– Discover the normally-closed Grand Duchess Wing at Palazzo Pitti to view 'invisible' art by women.
– Visit the Medici-founded precious stones workshop and watch silks woven on age-old looms.
– See the architectural wonders of the newly restored Duomo Museum which tell Florence's story now and then.
– Meet the cast of the Medici Dynasty Show post performance at Il Fuligno.
– Visit the new Franco Zeffirelli cinema Foundation in the company of the maestro's son.
– Bask in the autumn glow of wine-making traditions at the family-run Winery d'Ama.
– Be honored as the patrons of Nelli's Crucifixion (1570) at the painting's unveiling at San Salvi Museum.
– Gain exclusive access to the science of restoration at Opificio delle Pietre Dure, the world’s foremost lab.
– Witness progress on Plautilla Nelli's 21-foot Last Supper at a private restoration atelier in the artisan's district.
– The hearty Tuscan cuisine at Armando’s family trattoria.
– The morning 'a cappella mass' at the Badia Fiorentina.
– Our luncheon in the US Consulate’s ballroom, hosted by the US Consul General.
– A welcome cocktail at our Founder's riverside condominium.
When, how and how much?
Sunday, October 14 to Friday 19, 2018
6,000 US$ per person.
*This fee includes a 1,000-dollar tax-deductible contribution to Advancing Women Artists, in support of the restoration of Nelli's Crucifixion. Payment must be received by August 2018. Your 1,000 dollar donation is non-refundable.
Our website descriptions provide a general idea of Sojourn plans. Have a look at our 2018 Itinerary for all details! It is subject to change, though any alternatives provided will be similarly unique.
AWA is not responsible for air transportation, hotel accommodations or airport pick-up. However, we have special hotel rates at AWA’s hotel of choice: the Rocco Forte Hotel Savoy located in Piazza della Repubblica in the heart of the city, and have reserved a block of rooms for AWA’s guests. When possible, we like the group to stay in one hotel, for it is easier for the private bus pick-ups and drop-offs. AWA has special rates with the Savoy until 4 April 2018. To learn more and reserve your room, please write to Milica Skaljac, specifying you are part of the AWA Sojourn 2018: email@example.com
AWA accepts payments by check, bank draft or credit card. Those paying by credit card pay in full upon registration. Those paying by check or bank draft have the option of two installments: $3,000 down payment due by June 10, 2018; The 3,000-dollar balance is due on August 10, 2018.
Payment by bank draft:
Name of Account: Advancing Women Artists, Inc.
Account Number: 4617737887
Routing number for U.S. wire transfers or electronic fund transfers: 041000124
Swift code for international wires: PNCCUS33
Please write to:
Jane Adams, AWA Partnership Relations