Why be an Art Angel?
- Name recognition. Art Angels will receive name recognition on AWA’s website. Upon registration, they will also be invited to submit their favorite inspirational quote about art by women.
- Art Angels are invited! On occasion, AWA organizes cultural events for the general public. When space is tight and seats are limited, Art Angels will receive their invitations two days before they are sent to AWA fans and friends. RSVP rules still apply, but for first-come-first-serve events, Art Angels will have a head start!
- News and views. Three times a year, a special newsletter will be created solely for Art Angels. It’s another way to keep abreast of the Foundation’s comings and goings, crafted for those who crave in-depth updates on AWA’s initiatives.
- Magic Moments Gallery. Can you not get enough of our mission? As an Art Angel, you’ll have special access to the ‘Magic Moments’ portion of our website that’s reserved for die-hard aficionados. This in-progress photo gallery captures our very favorite memories. It will help Art Angels be in the loop about AWA’s past, as we build our future ‘magic moments’ together.
What do AWA’s Art Angels do?
-They advocate for art by women. Art Angels strive to be effective members of the art world by advocating the need to ‘advance’ women artists through research, restoration and exhibition. They strike up constructive conversations. They use AWA and its mission as an example for the communities in which they live. Art by women is a world-wide treasure. Let’s make that knowledge known everywhere!
- They know it’s the thought that counts! When the opportunity presents itself, they gift AWA books and novelties to their nearest and dearest. Art Angels keep in mind that proceeds from our products support the restoration of art by women in Florence, if they ever need an original way to make someone else feel special.
Angelica Kauffmann is a perfect muse for our Art Angel section. Her works often depict women and artistic inspiration. Called 'Miss Angel', she was known as 'a Raphael among women'. The art pictured is not hosted in Florence though Kauffmann sojourned there during her famous Italian period, described in Goethe's 'Italian Journeys'.
Register here to become an Art Angel
Discover the Art Angel in you. Register and support AWA today.
AWA Art Angels 2017–2018
Have a look at our Art Angel Album and see who has 'wings' this year. AWA brings together art lovers from all over the world.
Magic Moments Gallery
Reserved area Hi, (First Name) | Log Out